1 The Mickey Mindset: My Favorite Places in Walt Disney World, Part 2

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

My Favorite Places in Walt Disney World, Part 2

Ryan Dosier - As you'll remember, last week I shared some of my favorite places in Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom. This week I continue with a look at some of my favorite locales at the second Walt Disney World park...

EPCOT

Even though it's probably my least favorite Walt Disney World park, I love Epcot. It's my favorite place to just take the time to walk around and explore without any real agenda or anything to do. Yes, I love Soarin' and Test Track, but I think the thing I enjoy most is walking through World Showcase or the other areas.

Les Chefs de France at Lunchtime
Granted, I've never been to this cozy French eatery at dinner, but I've been for lunch many times. The food is delicious, the prices reasonable, the service fantastic, and the atmosphere delightful. But best of all, Remy from Ratatouille is wheeled around on a food cart during lunch and it's delightful.

Spaceship Earth at Night
Spaceship Earth is a spectacle to behold any time of the day, but it's at its most beautiful at night. The lights reflected off it are perfect and it makes for some really stellar picture taking. During the Flower and Garden Festival or at Christmastime the Disney topiaries in front of it make this a must-see picture spot.

Maelstrom
I think this ride is goofy and weird and wonderful. It's a dark ride and a celebration of Norway's industry and culture... at first. Then it plunges deep into Nordic mythology with trolls and other magical creatures. It never really rebounds, and for some reason the line is always long. But I just love to experience it over and over again and still be baffled by the fact that it is one of two rides in World Showcase.

The Three Caballero's Gran Fiesta Tour
I love this ride and its joyful animation more than I love both Saludos Amigos and The Three Caballeros  feature films.

World Showcase Lagoon
Disney World lakes and lagoons are my favorite lakes and lagoons. Stand at any point on World Showcase Lagoon and you'll see beautiful sights. That's why I love the fireworks spectacular every night so much, because no matter where you're standing, you have the best view.

Well there you have it! Not as many favorite places in Epcot as Magic Kingdom (or the other parks), but I still love all of these places. Check back next week when I share my favorite spots in Hollywood Studios!

No comments:

Post a Comment