1 The Mickey Mindset: My Favorite Places in Walt Disney World, Part 4

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

My Favorite Places in Walt Disney World, Part 4

Ryan Dosier - Here it is! The fourth and final installment of my Favorite Places at Walt Disney World photo series. Did you miss my articles on Magic Kingdom, Epcot, and Hollywood Studios? Click those links! Anyway, let's journey to Animal Kingdom!

ANIMAL KINGDOM

Animal Kingdom needs work, sure, but it's the most beautiful Walt Disney World park. The foliage and decoration and art style are all incredible. I love to walk around the park and just marvel at all the pretty things everywhere. You can't find an ugly spot in Animal Kingdom.

Mickey & Camp; Friends near Camp Minnie Mickey
I'm actually not sure this spot is even there anymore... with the closure of Camp Minnie Mickey for Avatar Land (UGH.) these charming little statuettes might be gone. They featured Mickey, Goofy, Pluto, Donald, Daisy, Huey, Dewey, and Louie enjoying nature. They weren't too special, but I always thought they were beautiful and simple and fun. I hope they find a new home.

Parrot Viewing Areas
I can't remember exactly where in the park this is, but there's a wonderful area where you can watch vibrant, chattery, and colorful macaws in a play area. It's nothing impressive, but seeing these beautiful and brilliant birds is always a treat.

"Finding Nemo: The Musical" Theatre
I really, really love this show. The puppets and performers are incredible, the sets are immense, and the effects are awesome. But the theater itself is really impressive. First of all, it's huge, but doesn't feel like it. There's a lot of space to stretch out and relax on a hot day. It's a great spot.

"Tree of Life" Trunk
Walking through the queue to "It's Tough to Be a Bug" you get to see perhaps the most incredibly designed portion of the park: The Tree of Life. The carvings of countless animals in the "bark" of the tree are truly amazing. I always manage to spot one I haven't seen before.

"Expedition Everest" Surrounding Area
The motif in the Asia area of the park is really ornate and beautiful. The props and decorations always impress me.

Africa
It's not just one spot in the Africa area that I love, it's all of it. It's wider and more open than the other areas, giving room for the incredible musicians you see above. I love the airy Tusker House, the spacious open-air market that sells fresh fruit, the unique gift shop... all of it!

Anywhere on "Kilimanjaro Safaris"
How can you not love this attraction? The amount of animals packed into the 15-20 minute trip is incredible. And they always seem so happy and content, which is wonderful to see. Getting to see rhinos and ostriches so close to the ride vehicle is incredible.

That's all I've got! There are quite a few favorite spots in every park that got left out simply because I didn't have pictures of them... and that's frustrating to me. Now I know what to take pictures of next time I'm in Walt Disney World! Anyway... thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. I also love animal kingdom my favorite attraction is Expedition Everest, there wasn't really anything said about it there should of been more

    ReplyDelete